May 2016
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Contact Terry

Terry is available to come and speak to your church or group.

You can leave a comment below or, if you would like to book Terry for a program or church service, you may contact him at:

ACROSS AMERICA MINISTRIES
(903) 312-5414

Email: terrycaffey @  ymail.com

(Note: Remove the spaces in the email address before sending.
The extra spaces are to discourage automated spammers.)

150 Responses to Contact Terry

• Ashleigh Johnson says:

Hi terry my name is Ashleigh I’m From England uk I watched your story on final witness last week and found it heart breaking your poor family and poor you I have just read your book too and think it is amazing how you have stood by your daughter a lot of people wouldn’t of been able to your story will stay with me forever it was truly shocking your a inspiration ❤❤❤ xx

• Claire says:

Mr. Caffey,

My name is Claire, I am French.
    I found your story on the show “Enquêtes Criminelles” (Criminal Investigations).
    I was very touched by what happened to you, I cried… I admire you for your fight, your forgiveness and your rediscovery of God.

PS: sorry for my English…

I wish you much happiness and God bless you!

• Donna says:

Mr. Caffey,
    I had the honor to hear you speak Sunday, November 4, at El. Bethel Baptist Church, in Gaffney, SC. I can’t begin to express how you touched me. I can’t even begin to start to understand what you went through. During your message you made the comment that you got mad with God for allowing this to to happen to you and your family. You said at times you thought of ending it all by takeing your own life. I never had to live through the what you went through and for that I am thankful. Although at the age of 33 I lost my husband to a massive heart attack. He was all I had ever known. We dated from the 7th grade all trough high school and married as soon as I finished school. I said that to tell you this. On December 7,2006, my husband, my world, went to work, but before he left he told me several times that he loved me and even called on his way to tell me that he loved me. I was sitting at my desk at 9:00 am, when my office manager received a phone call. She went to the plant managers office and closed the door. After a few minutes he, the plant manager, came to me and insisted that I gather my things and come with him. I did as I was told not knowing what was before me. During our drive he informed me that we where going to the hospital with out much more information. Once we arrived I was met by my Daddy and Uncle. They both worked with my husband and tried to explain to me what was going on. After what seemed like forever the doctor came and gathered all the family and took us to a back room to inform us that my husband suffered a heart attack and didn’t make it. That day my whole world crashed around me. I never got to tell him good bye. We where active members of Church and Surved the Lord with all our hearts. But shortly after my husbands death I got mad I blamed God for takeing my husband. We had promised to grow old together, we wanted children,and he was my whole world. I set out to destroy myself. I hated myself, everyone and everything around me. I got mad and truned my back on church or everything that I felt had to do with God. It has been a long time and Im still not back to where I need to be with God. I tried to take my own life but wasn’t successful. I know that God’s not finished with me, but I can’t seem to get back to where I was. I have tried to speak to people but unless they have been to the point of loss and anger they can’t understand. I have gotten remarried but my new husband forbids me to speak of my first marriage. He would kill me if he knew I had reached out to you now.
    After all this time I still have thoughts of taking own life. My question to you is does this feeling really ever go away? I pray for understanding and I pray for forgiveness. But I haven’t been able to find my way.
    Thank you so much for takeing the time to read my message..

• Mary Copes says:

Hi Terry,

I just watched the story of your families tragedy on FINAL WITNESS. I’ve always been drawn to stories of true crime and have read hundreds of books accounts along with the multitudes of subjects delving into crime and causes. Over the years I’ve read many accounts of murder victims whose accusers were family members and your account would be the first one told so elequently and with such grace and compassion. I recently downloaded your book to read after watching your story on
    television and haven’t started reading it yet. I wish you well on your future endeavors and hope you have found a measure of comfort and peace since that tragic day.

Best regards,

Mary

• Sydney Sheffield says:

Hey I am the one from Golden Central that asked you if I could have a copy of the poem that you read that the high school student wrote. I would really appreciate if you could please e-mail me a copy back of it.

Thanks

• Kelly says:

I am sitting here in stunned silence. I look around my sweet, peaceful apartment, and think…what have I done? My life is near perfect…and what have I done for the Lord? I am blessed with a good job and a nice place to come home to…and just what have I done for the Lord??
    As your story came to a close, and the program ended…I simply sat here, listening to the sounds outside my windows, and knowing in my heart…there is an entire WORLD of people outside those windows, that NEED to hear about the Love and forgiveness Christ offers to each of us. Your story was a “Wake-Up” call to me. It broke my heart, and blew on the dying embers of true gratitude within me. God Bless You and keep you.
    Thank you for sharing, what must have felt like nothing short, of hell on earth. It changed me. What will I do for Christ today, and others around me, that need Him so desperately??….Your message of survival and forgiveness, will haunt me like Christ’s has for the rest of my life. It shook me awake, to the hurting world outside my windows.
    You also reminded me of something I heard, when I was just a kid:
    “I cried because I had no shoes…till I met a man, who had no feet.”
    Your story really truly hit home for me./ God Bless you. – Kelly, in Michigan

• Britt says:

Terry,
    I just watched your familiy’s story on “Final Witness”. I would just like for you to know how much I admire you and your desire to fulfill God’s will. Your story both broke and touched my heart. I think the hardest things for us as humans to do is to forgive, but if Jesus could lay down His life for all our sins and be willing to forgive us, why shouldn’t we be able to do the same. I think you are an amazing person and a wonderful witness for God. I willl be praying for you and your strength to get you through the hard times! May God continue to bless and use you!

• Courtney says:

You’re a beautiful person and I wish you nothing but love.

• julia m tolleson says:

Terry, there was a scriptural reference given on the tv show about forgiveness and over coming evil, could you please post or email that scripture to me, please?

Thank you !

• Cynthia says:

I just watched your story on “Final Witness”. I am still sitting here just imagining what you have been through, it breaks my heart and has left me in tears. You are a true inspiration to anyone that is struggling in hard times. Thank you for sharing your story with the world as awful as it must be for you to re live it over and over it gives so many people strength and empowerment over their lives. Your family lives on through your word. Take care

• Cathy Quillen says:

I saw you on t.v. giving the details of your forgiveness to those who hurt you so much. I downloaded your book immediately to my Kindle. I’ve read it once. Now, I’m rereading it. I am in total awe of you. I’m not saying anything like “worship” but just awe. I wrote a paper in college on the Book of Job. My children know about it. I must find it! I studied and wrote the entire paper on the very subject you went over and over in your book. So, I know I was meant to see you on t.v. and to read your book.
    I remember basing my entire thesis on “why do bad things happen to people?” I am 52. I wrote that paper when I was 17. I remember my professor giving me an “A” on that paper. I did so much research. I am a Christian. I was a Christian then. However, it wasn’t until I researched for that paper that I “began” to understand. I still struggle with why bad things happen, but I will always remember the verse I used in the theme of my paper. “Where were you when I laid the cornerstones of the earth?” When I read your book, (rereading as I write), I am reminded.

You are remarkable. Don’t ever let anyone tell you differently. I’m here to tell you that YOUR mark on the world is NO ACCIDENT. God (our LORD) had you survive for the very reason you write about. I only wish I was 1/4 the person you are.

Much Love in Christ,
    Cathy Quillen,
    Roswell, GA

• Renee Williamson says:

Terry,

I recorded Final Witness last night and watched it with my girls today. Chill bumps are still running all over my body and tears fill my eyes. Thank you for sharing your story and your faith. To forgive is such grace, and honestly, I don’t know how you did it. At the end you cried and said that you wanted to be forgiven for not protecting them. Please, this broke my heart, don’t feel this way. Today it is hard to find a man to love his wife, to love his children, to love the Lord, and you have done all three. You will certainly be rewarded in Heaven when you see your family again.

Peace be with you.
    Renee

• Jamie Wright says:

Dear Terry,
    I’ve posted on your other wall, just so moved by this story!
    Almost three years ago, my husband of 10yrs and 2weeks left me for another woman. I had just given birth to our second angel eight months prior and my hear and soul were so torn. Mike and I had been Christians for as long as the both of us could remember. We met in college and were married after a very precious romance. He was my one and only and I was his.
    In March of 2005, he took the steps to becoming a police officer. With this new role in society came many difficult decisions and even more difficult changes. We grew apart and we allowed the enemy to provoke us and manipulate our relationship with Jesus.
    Fast forward, Mike married the young woman he left me for within days of our divorce being final. I went into a tailspin of backsliding and resurrected a dark and rebellious stage of my life that I wish I could just delete!
    In March of 2011 I met my Landon… and his four beautiful children. God began to wake me up and defrost my heart. I’m still working on the grace aspect of my journey, but I am elated to announce that I have forgiven… and will continue to do so.
    Thank you so much for inspiring me to fight the good fight and to continue… continue… continue… Jesus died for me.. for you, for all of us. What an honor to die to me so that He is glorified.
    Jamie

• Melissa Chambliss says:

I watched the story of your family tragedy last night and it touched me. I guess because you are a Christian, and we share the same Father, I felt as if it had happened to family. Although I do not share your personal story, I understand loss and rebuilding. I also understand the the magnificence of God’s grace and strength. You are in my prayers.

• Jan says:

Terry God Bless You !!! I pray I never have to understand what it takes to forgive that much!! I now feel so guilty of my anger for anything. God keep you kind heart spreading his love…..we need thos e like you !!

• Dear Terry,

I am about to leave for daily mass. I cannot begin to tell you how your story has affected me. Heroic virtue? Undoubtably. Saying yes to God? Without question. I have been deeply wounded by an intra-family struggle which followed the death of my mother three years ago. My own precious oldest brother’s last words to me were that he hoped I would burn in hell for eternity. I have forgiven him and pray that he finds forgiveness from Christ, whose death and resurrection should have led the way for all mankind; that struggle continues. God bless you and your daughter. I pray she is at peace and that one day on this earth and in Heaven you will both experience the joy that comes in the morning.

• Ananya Shukla says:

Hi Terry,

I just read your story on Dailymail and it has moved me beyond anything else. My hair stood as i read through your story and how you have been able to forgive your daughter. I cannot even begin to imagine what that fateful night would have felt like. All I can think is that Jesus gave you the strength and had a purpose for your life. Your story is such a testimony and will bring so many people to the Lord. Thank you for sharing your story. We would love for you to come to India sometime. I belong to the Assembly of God Church, Kolkata, India. Im looking forward to reading your book.
    I will remember you and your daughter in prayer.

Love in Christ,
    Ananya Shukla

• Rusty says:

Terry just watched Night line and your story. I pray he comforts you all of your life. I wish you well……

• P. Hudson says:

Mr. Caffey,

I just wanted to say, “Thank you!”

Thanks for sharing your story with the world. Thank you for your forgiving heart. Thank you for being such a great role model to the young children of the world.

May God Bless you and your family!

Your friend in Houston, TX.

• amanda says:

Terry
    I just watched your story on I survived. Honestly I am at a loss for words the faith and strength that you have is insurmountable. My heart goes out to you and your family. You are a pillar of genuine love and acceptance. I hope that Erin is doing as well as can be expected and I will pray for her.what you have been through is definitely a tradgedy but you have found a way to help our youth through your pain and loss.I would like to ask how is your dog. Besides the obvious loyalty. I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. You will forever be in my prayers.
    Sincerely ..
    Amanda Arnett

• Joey & Julie says:

Thank you for coming to speak to us last night at FBC Terrell. What a blessing it was to hear your story of forgiveness! May God bless you as you share your story to reveal His story!

• Lena Diaz says:

Thank you so much for your time, efforts, humility, and perseverence in sharing your testimony and allowing God to speak through you. I stumbled upon your free kindle download- and I’m really not sure how I got there. I am not a huge reader (I am a mother with small kids- no time! lol) and I am new to kindle, so I downloaded it several months ago and had forgotten all about it until 2 days ago. I was expecting a case study and what I received was a meeting with God. And a clear direction that I need to finish writing my story too. Someday I will send you a copy. To me, your story was used as Jim’s story was used with you. I lost a husband and three precious babies… And just like Job, God has restored what I lost. Thank you again for opening your heart and your life.. Our God is so good <3

• Rhonda Cooper says:

Dear Terry,

I have a son in prison serving a 2 year mandatory sentence (drug related). He was 13 when he took that first step from freedom into the world of slavery to addiction. I attended the youth rally that was held at Ripley High School in Mississppi last night. I walked with you as you described the prison, because I am walking that same path today. I see the barb wire. I hear the enormous sound of the doors opening and closing. I take of my shoes and jacket as well, so does my tiny little granddaughter. I’ve never been searched before, and now I am. It feels to me like an assult. I’m assulted once a month in this manner. We sit and wait for him to walk into the room. Many other prisoners are around us with their families. Some are there because of drugs, some armed robbery and some for murder. Then I see him coming. Dressed from head to toe in white. With numbers on the front and back of his shirt, the noise in the room of others talking to their families starts to echo in my ears. This isn’t the way it was suppose to be when this precious little boy was brought into the world and placed into my arms on April 15th, 1980. This is who he has become, “a number.” I heard you first speak at Unity Baptist Church in Ripley, Mississppi and bought your book. During the invitation tears were running down my face as I sat in my chair holding my sons 4-year-old little girl, thinking about how much you had to forgive before getting to the place you are today. I had to forgive someone for abusing me when I was a child and I did. I had to forgive my first hushand for leaving me for someone else and I did. Now again, I’m having to forgive and it doesn’t get easier. But, in light of the cross, you reminded me again, as innocent as our Savior was and is, dieing for every sin that was and will ever be, I would be as guilty as each offender if I didn’t forgive and freely without expectation of anything. Realizing that fact the first time I heard you speak and was reminded again last night to stay focused on the “Light.” In the light of the Cross, no one can stand innocent. But everyone will be forgiven freely without expectation. And that is the example each of us are to follow. I know what the Bible teaches about forgiveness, but sometimes it takes “hearing” someone who has had to forgive much. Unforgiveness is as real a prison as the one my son is currently in. I decided not to live there. Thank you Bro. Terry. P.S. I now have my marble. There is nothing like prayer that will soften the heart.

• Lynn Salter says:

I just finished reading your book and want you to know I admire your strength and the work you have allowed the Lord to do in your life. I love seeing/hearing testimony of not so good situations turned into good. Only HE can do that thru those that believe and allow HIS work thru them. I know you are blessed with a 2nd family and I know she is a strong woman to stand beside you and hold you when you need it. I will keep you in my prayers for the works you are doing, your family and especially Erin. I am sure she hurts everyday and must regret the poor choices she made at such a tender age. God bless you!

• steven ragsdale says:

Hi Terry, you came to my school today and told us your story, I had seen it on the news, but never knew so much I’m so thank full you came today and appreciate it very much I’m a junior in high school and you definitely put a change in my life…I remember the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I was covered in goose bumps when you were talking about returning to were your house was located and you found the partially burnt paper, I just wanted to thank you for comming and spreading your experience with me and my entire school
    Steven

• Eloysa Archuleta says:

Terry, I just finished reading your book, and I cried and felt your pain. I am a struggling with my faith and your story has inspired me, I am praying and searching for God to come into my life and heart and I hope that I will be able to understand when it happens. You are very blessed that you had a church family to help you through this tragedy, I am searching for a church where I can find the peace that you have found, please pray that I find this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and may God bless you

• Hi Terry,

Could you please pray for me and my daughter.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• Michelle says:

Terry, you are an amazing person.
    I’m 17 and just saw you on “I survived”. I have to say, your story brought tears to my eyes. You’re so selfless by helping people by what you’ve gone through. If you ever feel down or discouraged, just think of all the people you’ve helped, you’ve sure shown me how to forgive. I’ll keep you in my prayers, may god bless you!

• says:

Hello Terry,

My Name is Emily Markowski. I met you about a week ago at your
    speaking event in Fort Wayne, IN. You have an amazing story and message to share.
    During your speech you talked about being in the middle of putting together a movie project. I got to
    thinking… 6 years ago I recorded a couple songs I wrote with a
    producer out in California. They were written after four of my Ex
    husbands friends were killed on a mission when they were deployed to
    Iraq. It was a painful time and God used music to help me heal. I
    thought the songs may fit your story too. You can check out my songs at
    . The two songs are on the website for you
    to listen to. “Let go and Let God” and “Leaning on a Promise”..

I would love for you to listen and give me your feed back. Thank you
    for your time and consideration.

God Bless,
    Emily Markowski

• Chelsea Wright says:

terry,
    i wonder if u remember me but u were my youth leaders at mircale faith and u had me n cassandra baker&jessica baker babysit bubba n tyler a few times..but anyways i wanted to tell you ur prayed for everyday and thought of often. its still very hard for us in emory to think about all of it back from 2008 now theres a book out about us u didnt write and all our actual names are in it i bought it yesterday n read it last night cried a lot and thought i should try to get ahold of u and say hello and hope ur doing well.
    sorry this is sudden and off the wall but it was a task i had to do.
    always, chelsea wright

• I’m one of the many students you talked to at IAHS yesterday. Your story moved me in ways nothing else could Terry. I don’t pitty you, but are thankful that you made it out alive. You’ll be in my prayers. I’m hoping to get one of your books soon. But anyways, take care bro. You’ll always be in my prayers(:

• Jodi B says:

Dear Brother In Christ Terry —

I just read your book and was so encouraged. I plan on sharing your story with as many people as I can. God is never far away from us is he?

God bless you and your ministry!

Jodi — MinneSNOWta :)

• rita warner says:

Terry, I read your book .when I started I relied I had seen your story on TV.. the more I read your book the more I had to think about fogivness..in my community of Waterbury, CT a young girl Chloe ottman was murderded by a young man named fransico Cruz this boy and girl were friends of my children . The young man in fact dated my daughter..her murder was a tramatic point in my famliys life ..in a metting this week about loss the topic of the death pentlity was brought up..(due the the chesire home invasion) I was addment that maybe I was right in wanting death hearing what you have to say ..made me realize that yes we have to live with out Chloe .. he has to live with what he has done..I will admit my faith is tested and maybe you helped me forgive just a lil ….thank you

• Phil Loudon says:

Terry,

I’ve just finished “Terror by Night” – It’s very hard to find the right words to say. I’m blessed with a wonderful wife and daughter and many friends in Christ but your story has made me re-examine my lifeand see just how lucky I am. I thank God and know that from now on I must ask myself “What does God want from me?” not “What do I want?”
    Thank you so much!

phil.

• addison and angela says:

terry thank you for comeing to the first southern babtist church this morning youre testimony was greatly thanked and it touched peoples life. it proved to those who treat people differnt that sometimes its hard to forgive them and what they have done to you is hard to forgive. you are a blessign to many people here. and i bought your book and im almost to the 4th chapter and i just got it today. and someday you will learn why god did what he did to you and your see what alll really god has done through you b;ess your heart and family.
    with love and happiness love addison (14) and angela (13)

• His name is Pastor Chris oyakhilome, and his website is http://www.christembassy.org .

God bless you

• Dear Bro In Christ,

I am encouraged reading about you and your testimony. I thank my God that i came in contact with this testimony and it has encouraged me to reach more souls to Christ. Reaching them with the gospel of God’s Love and how he can save you from all depression and death in any area of your life. Thank you for taking that step of faith for the lives of others who will hear the gospel of Christ through you. You lost everything but gained Christ. I love you and will continue to pray for you, your family and Ministry. I would like to introduce you to a Man of God who who’se messages will strength your ministry and christian faith and encourage to do more for Christ. God bless you.

Sis Victoria

• Linda says:

I finished your book this morning. I can’t even begin to tell you how much it means to me to be able to read such an incredible story of forgiveness. thank you for sharing your story Terry, and for letting God do His work through you. I pray this story reaches the world. We are all in need of the grace to forgive, and your story is powerful enough to teach us all what God did for us. I will keep you and your family in my heart and prayers for the months and years to come. For me, you set the bar for what it means for me to forgive.
    Peace and blessings to you always
    Linda Campbell
    Wilsonville Oregon

• brittany montgomery says:

Terry,i just got done reading your book.your story is sad but amazing.how you could for give those people and your daughter. I just cant stop thinking about it.i really do believe that paper was sent from god.and he saved you for a reason and youlove are just so amazing.i would love for you to come to my town and tell them about your story i really think alot of people her need god in them and telling alot of people your story does.if you could i would really like if you could rite me back.thank you very much to take your time to read this.

• Sheliah Wurth says:

I have 3 daughters and I also work with the youth at church. You see so much how people just don’t understand youth and give them credit for who they are. We want so much to treat them as kids. As you story shows they have a mind of their own and we may not always know what is going on. The part that got me the most was I been wanting to break up with him. Most kids would react with angry. How are we to know? My lesson this Sunday was from Romans 7 on sin. I believe we don’t give credit to the sin of the world because we lack faith. The Bible also tells us of the demons and evil. If you tell someone you saw a demon would they believe you? Most No! I use to always say I would have to experience that to believe. If we don’t believe in demons and the sin, how do we believe God is all powerful?
    Thank you for sharing. I think it shows us how easy it can happen, without us knowing. I would also love for you to come and talk to our youth. We are in Granite Falls NC.

• Joe Jenkins says:

Bro. Terry, I want to thank you and your family for coming to our church, Calvary Baptist Tabernacle, and sharing your testimony with us. You are a blessing to many people. It is a wonder to me of the lives God touches through you and you don’t even know it. One day you will see all that the Lord has really done through you. Thank you for the fellowship at lunch and supper, we had a wonderful time talking with you and your family. We will pray for you and yours.
    In His Love,
    Bro. Joe Jenkins

• Linda Liles says:

I just finished reading your book and was sooo blessed to see how God turned tragedy into triumph. Today is July 10th and I missed your “NEW BEGINNING” day of June 7th! Look for a card next year celebrating that new beginning each year! I gave my life to the Lord at 9 yrs old and have spent a lifetime serving him, even as a teenager, never having a rebellious spirit and through your story as well as others, God keeps showing His Faithfulness! A couple of years ago a Doctor in Connecticut also lost his wife and two daughter and almost his own life in a similar way and God brought him through it too. At that time I was getting despaired and wondering why people have to go through so much suffering. Couldn’t Jesus’ have been enough. Why must we too! But slowly God gave me Peace to not worry and just Trust the Lord in all things! God chose to give a Free will to mankind and therefore there will always be those who choose evil, but God will always be there to carry us through whatever comes into our life! Praise God! And thank you again for sharing your testimony. I hope one day to meet you in person and give you a Hug!

• Katie says:

I just finished reading your book (in one day) and I am absolutely amazed at your ability to forgive and keep faith. I have been through the death of 3 loved ones recently, as well as gone through a divorce. I have allowed myself to become angry with God and I am looking for that reassurance that he is still with me. Your book makes me realize that I am not to understand why this has happened, but to have faith and trust that my life is in His hands. Your perseverance is astounding and I applaud you for sharing your story with complete honesty. This was a life-changer for me…thank you. God Bless.

• Linda L Liles says:

Dear Brother Terry,
    I just turned 61 yrs old and was blessed to have been raised in a christian family. I gave my life to the Lord at 9 yrs old on Feb.11, 1959. If God had never given us His Word to teach us about Him and His Love, I would still believe in Him from the countless testimonies of people like you sharing the miraculous ways God’s love changes we human beings. And isn’t it wonderful how God never gives up on us, no matter how many times we fail to be what God wants us to be. I am soooo sorry you had to go through the journey God allowed you to go through, but praise God He always helps us carry that Cross and makes some good come out of all the evil in the world. God is doing amazing things through your life and your daughter’s life and you both will continue to be in our prayers. I have a niece who is 16, raised in a christian family homeschooled just like yours and allowed to go to public school when she got in 9th grade. She is going through a real rebellious stage and I’m praying about giving your book to her in hopes that God will allow it to minister to her about similar choices she is making with her boyfriends. May God continue to bring healing to your life and may He continue to Bless you in every way! Your Sister in the Lord, Linda Liles

• Marcia says:

Terry, I saw you on Joni Lamb and I was moved to buy your book. Thank you for your testimony. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Thank you also for your transparency. Wow. Be encouraged, God is using you and will continue to use you. Please ignore the critics and continue to be obedient to God. You are living proof, a walking epistle that God is a restorer. Thanks again. I am encouraged.

• Annette Pollard says:

Hi there

I am a Christian lady in New Zealand and viewed Club 700 tonight (09/06/2011) on our NZ “Shine” TV programme. What a wonderful story of forgiveness. I would love for you to pray for my sister-in-law “Julie” who needs to forgive and be set free from torments that cause many serious mental problems. Thank you

• Dear Brother in Christ, I saw you on TV the other day and then followed it up with your website. What a power story of faith. I was a deputy sheriff for 15 years and raised my two children on my own from the age of 3and 5 when there mother left us. I also remarried 14 years ago and we are not both ordained ministers and have a church here in Florida. I just wanted to tell you how much I admire you and your faith and say God bless you and yours.
    Your brother in Christ
    Terry

• Tina CraVER says:

Hello Terry I just view you on Joni (Daystar). I live in Lexington North Carolina, I am involved with a new church, who is very blessed…My daughter is over our youth program, I would love for you to visit with us and possibly our whole church family. You are an inspiration, and I feel it is very important for our youth to meet you and hear your story and she what GOD CAN DO. If it may be possible for you to visit please contact me. We are a very non-traditional church with a lot of wonderful “country” people.

• TDaddy, I’m a member of a large family that uses nicknames and I love this one your boys gave you. I watched you on the Joni show the last couple of mornings and then began researching any written material regarding your story. What a man of God you are Terry! I had just about lost all hope in men after being married twice to addicts. Don’t men know they are accountable for not only themselves but their wives then their families? The selfishness addictions requires deteriorates any love in the relationship. I’m certain that’s all part of the enemy’s plan…to destroy the family unit. The other repercussions caused are lack/poverty for the rest of the family because substances take a lot of money. My own Dad was a very disciplined, God fearing, generous and loving man, so accepting anything less is so hard! I try to be forgiving but each time I’m talked down to, unable to pay a bill or even buy toiletries, I resent my husband all over again. How do you stay in the forgiveness once you’ve determined to do so? I find I have to pray every single day, multiple times a day about the heartache and hardship caused by his decisions. Thank you for being a good man, a forgiving man, a Godly man! I’m so sorry for all that you’ve been through dear brother. Isn’t it heartwarming and joyous to know that this life is temporal, and but a vapor? The eternal life we’ll live with Jesus surpasses the greatest day we may ever have here on earth! We will be like Him and we will be with all of our loved ones! There’ll be no more night, no more tears and no more sickness! We will be with our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus for all eternity! We’ll live in our mansions that He prepared, walk on streets of gold and fish in the crystal sea! We’ll hang out with the likes of Job, Abraham, Joshua, Ezekiel, Deborah :) , Mary, Paul, James, Peter and so on! Men like you will have a front row seat when we come before Him and a place of honor at the marriage supper of the Lamb. Bless you my friend, and continue strong in Him ~ for He is so good! Love and blessings ♥

• Renee says:

I’m a Case Manager and a Christian at a homeless shelter in Boston, MA. I heard your beautiful example of forgiveness this morning for the 1st time watching Daystar television. Today is my “intake” day, meaning I meet with the brand new homeless clients just entering the shelter and assess them, welcome them and learn about what circumstances brought them to us. I just met with a 60 year old alcoholic who told me his trouble really began when he lost his wife, son and daughter to a drunk driver over 20 yrs ago. I shared with him your story and the name of your book to which he immediately replied “I just had the book in my hand at the book store”. Amen. Well, he got to hear about your story from me. After using your story as an example of what Christ teaches us regarding love and forgiveness and after a few tears by this tough older biker guy, we’re reaching him about letting God back into his heart. He has hate in it right now but I explained how easy our Father has made it for us to all come back to him. Please pray for “Ron” to let Jesus into his heart and let go of the hate and unforgiveness. I work with lots of “Ron” type guys everyday. Please pray that Jesus have mercy on them and allow me to reach them with His love, kindness, compassion and grace. Your story will be the new level of example I use to help reach these lost souls. Thank you :)